Monday, March 5, 2012

The last few days before I depart.

Well, it is Monday, March 5th, which means I leave in TWO DAYS! Its crazy to think I will be in a different country, on another continent, but it hasn't really hit me yet. At times it does, but I do not think it will until I am there and settled in.

After I turned in my paperwork I felt a lot better and made the rest of the week and weekend go by smoother. Thursday I met up with a couple old high school teachers. It was nice to see them and catch up. This weekend I had a few farewell parties. Friday I got together with friends and Saturday was a goodbye gathering with my family. It was great to see everyone and love how much support I have behind me. Thank you all<3

Today I picked up my VISA. I went back to to Consulate, of course, ONLY between the hours 12-1 PM. It went really quick. Literally walked in, picked it up, and walked out. I recommend if anyone goes to pick up a VISA in the near future to have someone just drive around while you get it instead of paying for parking when you are there for 5 minutes.

I also called to confirm my flights as well. I guess international flights you have to call 72 hours before to confirm them. Luckily I read the rules & regulations... phew! :) Also, found out that my first and second bag I check will be free but if I check a 3rd, 4th, etc, that it will be $85 per bag. I have not packed yet, but I am definitely going to make sure it all fits in two. Not sure what I am even bringing yet. I am the type of person who needs to do it the day before and lay everything out. If I do a little at a time I will freak out and think I forgot something, which leads to unpacking everything. I  would have to find what I think I didn't pack and would be a big mess so I find it easier to do it all at once.

Tomorrow will consist of packing and running any last second errands, which includes the bank to pick up my Brazilian Money! I am sure I will have a few people in and out saying good bye and then I will head to training tomorrow night. Wednesday my flight is at 6:30, where I will fly to Charlotte, NC. Then from there to Rio then to Recife. I arrive in Recife, Brazil Thursday around 3:00 PM. dun da dun dun!

My next post will be when I am in Brazil.. cant wait to share with everyone.

Love, Me!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment