Thursday, April 5, 2012

Time is flying by!

Ola! So last week... Thursday I didn't train due to a bug bite (not sure what kind) that made my ankle swell up!! It was crazy! It didn't hurt but it was huge, like I was having an allergic reaction to it! It was red, itchy, and extremely hot compared to e rest of my leg! The lady trainer said she had no idea what was wrong but i need to go to the doctor. Then the American and Iceland girls said they don't think I should go to the hospital because it's probably not clean and such. So I iced and iced and rested it. By Friday I was back out training of course. Friday we scrimmaged and it was extremely hot that day! We had a bunch of water breaks. We also had about 4-5 teenage boys scrimmage with us because we have girls injured, the Iceland girls are in Belgium playing with their national team and we have 3 girls on the brazil national team in the USA playing, Japan, Canada, and the USA. The USA beat brazil 3-0... I didn't get to watch but heard we won! Woo! We had Saturday and Sunday off, which was much needed after 5 straight days of two a days! I was exhausted. Friday just relaxed. Woke up Saturday and made breakfast, cleaned my room, and did laundry. Then saturday night two other girls and myself went to another town called Gloria,which was about 20 minutes away. There was this huge party/parade/outdoor concert. If I could remember the name of it or how to spell it I would but I don't haha. It was really cool though and I had a lot of fun! People had their cars and motorbikes parked in the main part of town blasting music from their cars. The stereo/speakers they have in their cars would definitely be illegal in the united states. I'm not kidding I thought I was going to lose hearing. I had to walk away. then there was this singer and dancers on this float that went around town,which lasted about an hour, and everyone followed, singing and dancing along. It was crazy to see, but I had a lot of fun. I am always surprised by something new. Sunday I just rested and slept. I didn't have much to do. I went into town by myself, and ate at some food place. I think it was cheffs burger or something. During the day I have been doing well walking by myself but at night you aren't suppose to walk alone after 8or 9, so I make sure I follow that rule. It's just frustrating thou at times when I just want to get something at the store or what not, I can't just go. If I knew the language fluently, I probably would but I don't. I'm doing well though. Catie said I'm learning really quick. I know a lot of words I just have difficult time putting them into sentences, but I try! I sound like a joke sometimes and they laugh at me but it's funny and I can't learn if I don't try and practice! They do the same when trying to say English words. It's hilarious. This weeks trainings have been good. Although, Wednesday I had a rough day. The Iceland girls are away, and catie, the other American,was gone working on this project for women's soccer n Recife, so I had no translator at practice. They try to say things in English but doesn't really make to much sense and we all can get frustrated. But today was better. We scrimmaged and catie was back. Catie and I even were talking and saying how nice it was to play with each other, the same language, and style of play. The girls here always yell at each other, which I don't notice cause I can't understand them. Lol. Also, they play more individually rather then pass pas and such. Also, they don't have much encouragement either. But they are all really good so it'll just have to do :) the scrimmage went really well. I thought I played well and one of the keepers said I did well and was faster then everyone so I'm hopppping I get to be on e roster for Sundays game. The game is a few hours away too so it'll be nice to travel and see how that works and other parts of brazil. Not sure how the competition will be for this game. I'm excited though and just keep working hard! Woooop! I think you can tell that I am actually really enjoying the experience a lot more now. All the weird things, or different, I just think its weird and strange, I'm use to now. There are things that disgust me though like all the bugs. I wear pants to bed and put on bug Creme every night or they attack me no joke. I even got the same b bite that made my ankle swell up on my freaking forehead!! My face was swollen and the girls were cracking up. The girls laugh at me a lot and call me "Patricia" or something like that. I guess it means I'm super girly. When we clean the house, I cleaned the bathroom, and sandrinha was laughing because of my facial expressions. Oh and when I do my laundry, since it's done by hand, I'm not the best at it either. Or if there is a bug or a frog or any kind of animal, I freak out. Haha oh well. Ohhh! Last night I went to go wash my hands and the water was out!, I was like uhh...?.? Arruda said that it was normal... I looked at her like she was crazy. And I said how long? Ad she said til tomorrow.. So today is wake up and it's still out. She again said it was normal and then sandwich a said...Normal??? Only for Vitoria!! We always make jokes about this town because it is so different and the strangest things!! Oh so I haven't talked much about the other American but it has been great since she has been here! Her name is catie Fischer. She is from Boston and went and played at Harvard. Pretty sweet. She also played for the red stars in 2009 and we actually know a few of the same people! Crazy, small world! She is awesome though and we get a long really well. She is working on this huge project on a documentary of women's futbol in brazil. It is so fascinating. She presented to people at the world cup last summer and has done so much and has been so many places because of it. She has meetings all the time and is working on so much. She is also writing articles for a website for the president of this town. She does a lot and I'm so interested in it all. She told me stories when she first came in 2004 and said they had to walk to training which was 45 minutes away and they didn't get food made for them and showers were outside. My mouth dropped. I was like, "how did u stay here?" haha we laughed but it's come a long way. It's crazy how amazing these girls are and at such young ages but there is no money in women's futbol. We have two trainings tomorrow, 830am and 3pm. Then morning training Saturday and a game Sunday at 3. I will keep you all posted on how the game goes. I'm still living out of suitcases. They said they would get me a dresser/closet but it's been 4 weeks and still nothing. Things take quite a bit of time here. Pretty laid back. I sometimes find it rather quite frustrating. My sister sent a package two weeks ago and it's still not here. Meeeeh. Catie's dad sent her one too the same day and hrs isn't here either so hopefully they arrive soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend and happy Easter! I can't believe it's already almost middle of April! Time is flying by! Well that's it for now.. Till then.. Take care Peace.love.happiness Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment